Transport and logistics businesses rely heavily on seamless communications to make sure that their goods and services get to the right place at the right time. We offer a range of communication solutions enabling unified communication of employees, customers and suppliers to interact with your team whether it’s locally, in the warehouse or distributed around the country. Our wide ranging set of telecoms solutions for the Transport and Logistics sector ranges from rugged phones, DECT cordless phones, and Bulk SMS services, to multi channel contact centres and fully integrated Unified Communications solutions including VoIP telephone services.
Telecoms for the Transport & Logistics sector
Whether you are office based or out on the road, we understand how important it is to provide suitable seamless communications tools to ensure smooth running of the business. We have been working with many transport and logistics companies in the UK to help them find the right business telephone systems for their unique needs. From mobile phone or CRM integration to call recording and voicemail to email, some of the Juno Telecoms solutions delivering benefits in terms of operational efficiencies and cost cutting to the transport and logistics sector are:
- Integration of the CRM system with the VoIP phone system so that, when customers call in, the details and history notes relative to the caller will appear on the agents screen. This allows the agent to start the call in a personal manner and make the caller feel more valued. Our office phone systems integrate with CRM systems including Autotask, Maximiser and Zoho.
- Wireless phones, usually DECT Cordless, or Wifi phones for those open areas such as warehouses. Multi site DECT cells enable handoff of DECT Cordless phones to enable coverage of larger spaces.
- Integration of mobile devices, either via a number twinning feature or by means of an app bringing the office phone system functions to the mobile phone ensuring staff stay connected when travelling – with the mobile phone acting as an extension of your main office phone system.
- Call Management applications to give an overview of all calls both in and out of the business. This might be used to identify bottlenecks or understand when the peak busy periods are.
- Voicemail systems including voicemail to email, and transcription services. Users are alerted straight away and any missed calls can be followed up in a timely manner.
- Bulk SMS services from our web based SMS system offers versatility in ensuring succesful delivery notifications, confirmations, shipping, and delivery via SMS.
- Auto-attendant or IVR to inform customers of opening hours, and very importantly to enable callers to route directly to the department or persons they wish to speak with e.g Customer Service, Warehouse, Sales, Accounts etc.)
- Call recording to ensure firstly PCI compliance in the event of taking credit card payments over the phone and secondly to ensure an accurate record is kept of all calls, in the event of disputes, errors, or to confirm the order and delivery details are correct.
- Rugged phones, either mobile of fixed, which are at least IP68 rated and can withstand dust, dirt and sand. Both MIL Spec 810G and IP69 certified devices are also available.
- Mobile and VoIP integration is a necessity for transportation and other logistics companies with responsibilities to keep both office staff and drivers connected. Client satisfaction is greatly impacted by accurate tracking of business operations. The unique requirements of firms in the transportation sector can only be met by a flexible, reliable communications solution which integrates a broad range of endpoints such that smart phones and tablets, can be added, converging voice and data services easily.
- Mobile and desktop apps, ensure the whole workforce is unified and reachable everywhere, even when on the go. These tools have real benefit when running a call centre or a central dispatch system.
Mobile Phone Solutions for transport & logistics
Juno Telecoms offers a range of mobile phone and SIM only solutions and have been providing mobile phone solutions to transport & logistics companies across the UK for a number of years. We can also provide advice on particular types of handsets to suit specific requirements. Juno Telecoms provide a range of smartphones and handsets suitable for all of your business requirements. Rugged mobile phones and cordless or desk phones are available for those tough warehouse and transport environments. New technologies like 5G and 4G, mobile broadband and M2M (machine to machine) can be considered within a business mobile contract. For more information on the mobile phone solutions that we provide across the UK, contact Juno Telecoms today. Being network independent means that we can recommend the most appropriate solution for your business requirements.
Multi Cell DECT cordless phones
DECT is essentially designed for voice transmission, and stands for Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications. It is a wireless standard used in office phone system configurations. A DECT cordless system is made up of two components that constantly communicate with each other. The two components are a base station, which communicates with the phone system, and at least one handset. If the standard DECT base station range is not adequate for the area to be covered, then a DECT repeater can be used to significantly increase the range. Multi cell IP DECT configurations cater for larger warehouse and office environments, with each cell being able to handle multiple simultaneous calls. End users benefit from flexibility, seamless handover and roaming features.
Bulk SMS Service
Our bulk SMS service comes with market leading tools to help make your text messages go further and produce more impressive results. Quickly send any short and important SMS messages locally to United Kingdom, or even worldwide . Easily send transactional messages like one-time passcodes and SMS alerts, tickets, or even promotional messages from your online portal or CRM system.
Notify customers once their goods and deliveries are confirmed, shipped, or received. Keep them in the loop throughout the entire delivery process with SMS alerts and messages.
Why not consider Juno Telecoms for your logistics and transport communication challenges?
The telecoms solutions that Juno provide are wide ranging. Rugged Phones for tough environments, DECT cordless phones for those large spaces, Leased Lines and broadband options for internet connectivity, Bulk SMS services for those operations challenges. If you have a particular or unique transport or logistics telecoms challenge in your industry, please make contact and we will do our very best to find the optimal solution for your needs.
Will you visit or survey our operations site?
Every company is unique, and every company will need slightly different things from their communications solutions. As such we offer free, no obligation site surveys to make sure any solutions offered fit the customer needs.
Why Choose Juno Telecoms for Mobile Phone Solutions?
There’s a number of reasons why you should choose Juno Telecoms for your business mobile contract. This includes honest advice, tailored options, technical support and scalable solutions.
How do I order Rugged Phone Solutions from Juno Telecoms?
While we have a small selection in our web shop, all you need to do is give our team a call. Our team of experts will be able to determine your requirements and the ruggedised phone that will best suit your needs.
How do we establish a Bulk SMS marketing system with Juno Telecoms?
This can be done easily online, by speaking with a Juno Telecoms member of staff, who will direct you to the best Bulk SMS marketing options for your business. At Juno Telecoms we have a range of business deals and packages available for you to choose from.
Will a single DECT cordless phone and base unit cover my factory?
DECT cordless phones and Base units have limited range, so the best way forwards is to ask Juno to survey the site to verify if single cell or multi cell DECT units will be required.
Bulk SMS message services
Bulk SMS Services enable transport and logistics companies to keep in contact with customers, drivers, staff and more. For order tracking why not include a shortened link in your SMS messages to take your customers to a tracking page on your website and then monitor click through?
Our Bulk messaging platform offers a wide range of online virtual mobile numbers and functions including:
- Shared and Dedicated numbers to receive messages on
- 5 digit Short Codes and SMS keywords
- 11 digit free text inbound numbers
- Two way SMS or international inbound messaging
- Auditable conversation history
- Mobile surveys
- Mobile ticketing
- Mobile web pages
- Whats app Business
Engage in smarter customer journeys with multichannel messaging solutions from Juno Telecoms.
Multi Channel Call Centre
Over recent years customer expectations have risen dramatically. Small and mid-size businesses must now have the tools to enable them to respond swiftly and effectively to all forms of communication. This is expected across many channels e.g phone call, email, web chat, SMS, however your customer chooses. Our multi channel call or contact centre solutions provide tools to help manage the interactions with your customers seamlessly across many channels
It is important that contact centres, logistics staff, service centres and help desk environments can engage and track conversations over key digital channels such as SMS, MMS, WhatsApp Business, Facebook Messenger and Apple Business Chat all from a single platform. Integrate with the business’s CRM system giving employees a single unified view of the customer, across all the tools they use.
By offering customers their channel of choice, this helps businesses improve their customers’ overall experience. By centralisation makes it easier implement, manage and track communications than through independent, disparate messaging solutions tools.
Rugged smartphones are water and dust resistant, with tough outer shells protecting against being dropped on concrete and other hard surfaces.
Most rugged phones offer many extra features that are vital in certain lines of work, including infrared cameras, sound level meters, and sometimes even VOC (volatile organic compound) detection.
‘IP’ stands for ‘Ingress Protection’ rating, and devices that are IP68-rated can withstand dust, dirt and sand. The higher IP69K rating means the rugged phone can handle high-temperature pressurised water jets as well as submersion. There is a further MIL STD 810G standard which is a US military specification and these can withstand thermal shocks, high and low temperature extremes, vibrations, tumbles, and salt.
A good example of a reasonably priced rugged phone is the The Cat S61. At 162 x 77 x 13mm with a weight of 259g, it feels very solid and robust. It delivers both MIL Spec 810G and IP69 certifications, so it’s designed to endure even high pressure water jets, common in many industries. With a 4500 mAh battery its built for those tough environments
Indoor air quality sensors, a thermal imaging camera and a laser assisted distance measurement tool, are all supported by 4Gb RAM, a Snapdragon 630 SoC and a 5.2-inch 1080p screen. It comes with Android 9.0 the latest version of Google’s operating.
Ruggedised phones come in many different configurations and can be delivered as part of a wider business mobile contract, including eSIMs, Data only SIMs or IOT solutions. Please feel free to make contact with Juno Telecoms to discuss your specific needs.
DECT Cordless Headsets
We offer a wide range of rugged DECT cordless headsets, handsets and IP DECT cell sites to serve applications in distribution centres, warehouses and other high noise environments.
DECT stands for Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications. It is a wireless standard used in business phone system settings. A DECT base station, communicates with the phone system, either on premise or hosted VOIP. Multi cell IP DECT and DECT repeaters are configured to give coverage across wider areas such as larger warehouse and multi floor office environments. Each cell is able to handle multiple simultaneous calls, ensuring end users benefit from flexibility, mobility, seamless handover and roaming features.
Some examples of rugged DECT phones we have deployed in warehouse and factory environments are;
The Gigaset R650H which is a cost effective, ruggedised DECT handset with an IP65 rating. This ensures it protects against water, dust and sudden impacts so it is an ideal solution for logistics environments, workshops, factory areas and many other harsh working environments.
Alcatel 8262 DECT Handset is an ideal communication solution for demanding environments such as logistics and manufacturing. The 8262 DECT Cordless Handset has a ruggedised body and a shock-proof screen. The Alcatel 8262 can also be operated while wearing gloves. The Alcatel 8262 also ensures that lone workers are safe against accidents in the workplace e.g Man down, pull cord, no movement, emergency button, and it supports Bluetooth 4.0 technology, HD audio, full colour display as well as device geo-location.